Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Gardening 101


"Flowers...are a proud assertion that a ray of beauty outvalues all the utilities of the world"
-Ralph Waldo Emerson, 1844


As promised-below is the reality of how I imagined the two hanging baskets that are pictured in the photograph with our new front door and other treasured items (yesterday's post).

I must say that my vision did not include quite so much spanish moss but practicality in getting baskets full of holes to hold potting soil and flowers requires it ;-) I also feel that a little more height in the flowers would have helped balance the grand quantity of moss.

Still-not bad-since the woman at Extras threw in the baskets for free.

I am undergoing another garden project this weekend.

I am planting some ground cover around the base of an apple tree in our front yard.
Perhaps-all of this practice will make my thumb green after all!
I will settle with light green ;-)


Enjoy your night...wherever you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I adore comments. Please tell me your thoughts.